Old Westbury Adventist Church Safety Procedures and Guidelines during COVID-19
Everyone is anxious to return to corporate worship and fellowship with the church family. Still, it is important to follow state and local law while being mindful of safety values and public health professionals' counsel. Having a plan in place now can minimize the risk of having a second outbreak in your community. As we attempt to worship together during the winter season, plans must adapt to how church services are conducted.
- Mask required at all times while inside the church facility.
- 6 feet between people sitting on the pews.
- Only families of the same household are allowed to sit together.
- Restroom use: one person at a time
- No congregation of people and socializing inside the church facility, prior, during, or after services.
- No hugging or handshaking
- No eating or drinking any food inside the church.
If a member would like to worship at the Old Westbury SDA Church, please contact the Church office at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time. Make sure you list the names of all family members. At this point, we are not accepting reservations for friends, only family members.
Questions required for screening:
1. Have you been in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19?
2. Have you tested positive for COVID19 in the past 14 days?
3. Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days? Symptoms include, but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. These symptoms are not necessarily combined; As long as you have one of the symptoms, we ask that you stay home and not make a reservation to attend the church service.
4. Have you in the past 14 days traveled to any state or territory that meets the criteria for required quarantine in New York State and been there more than 24 hours?
CDC Advises those with exposure to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay home and self-monitor for symptoms and follow the CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
If you attended the church service and became ill with COVID-19, please communicate with the Pastor.
If you know of a church member that is in need of any assistance, please call the Pastor.
Thank you for your understanding and for assisting us in planning your worship visit in a safe manner.