Share with your friends and family, the 3 platforms and encourage them to subscribe to the Youth Channel, like us on Facebook. Thank you so much for your support and God bless you.
Join us for worship, Sabbath, January 16, 2021, using our Church Livestream or Facebook Live.
Worship service starts at 11:00 a.m. Pastor James will preach the last sermon for the 10 Days of Prayer, entitle "Seeking Revival"
This Sabbath, we will have the Communion Service. Please do the Foot Washing Service at home, with your family on Friday evening or Sabbath morning.
A recipe of the communion bread has been posted on our website's front page, in case you would like to make your own bread and drink your own grape juice.
Communion at the Seventh-day Adventist Church: The Lord’s Supper is a participation in the emblems of the body and blood of Jesus as an expression of faith in Him, our Lord and Saviour. In this experience of communion Christ is present to meet and strengthen His people. As we partake, we joyfully proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes again. Preparation for the Supper includes self-examination, repentance, and confession. The Master ordained the service of foot-washing to signify renewed cleansing, to express a willingness to serve one another in Christlike humility, and to unite our hearts in love. The communion service is open to all believing Christians. (Matt. 26:17-30; John 6:48-63; 13:1-17; 1 Cor. 10:16, 17; 11:23-30; Rev. 3:20.)
The service will be saved on our Facebook Page, Youtube, and church website: https://livestream.com/owsdachurch.
Thank you in advance for your support. Please share our Facebook page and sermons with your friends and family. Let's share the gospel; it is very easy. Just click the share button and post on your timeline. Thank you, friends.
Everyone is anxious to return to corporate worship and fellowship with the church family. Still, it is important to follow state and local law while being mindful of safety values and public health professionals' counsel. Having a plan in place now can minimize the risk of having a second outbreak in your community. As we attempt to worship together during the winter season, plans must adapt to how church services are conducted.
- Mask required at all times while inside the church facility.
- 6 feet between people sitting on the pews.
- Only families of the same household are allowed to sit together.
- Restroom use: one person at a time
- No congregation of people and socializing inside the church facility, prior, during, or after services.
- No hugging or handshaking
- No eating or drinking any food inside the church.
If a member would like to worship at the Old Westbury SDA Church, please contact the Church office at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time. Make sure you list the names of all family members. At this point, we are not accepting reservations for friends, only family members.
Questions required for screening:
1. Have you been in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19?
2. Have you tested positive for COVID19 in the past 14 days?
3. Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days? Symptoms include, but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. These symptoms are not necessarily combined; As long as you have one of the symptoms, we ask that you stay home and not make a reservation to attend the church service.
4. Have you in the past 14 days traveled to any state or territory that meets the criteria for required quarantine in New York State and been there more than 24 hours?
CDC Advises those with exposure to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay home and self-monitor for symptoms and follow the CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
Thank you for your understanding and for assisting us in planning your worship visit in a safe manner. God bless you!